VMLY&R COMMERCE Argentina
In Argentina, 75% of workers in the textile industry are victims of forced labor. Their exploiters manipulate them so they are unable to resign, including by withholding legal documents, inventing fake debs or targeting migrant workers who often have family to care for. In order to make the justice system act though, these victims are the ones that need to file a report. The problem is that they don't know who to call.
Infiltrate sweatshops through a fake brand of threads that when finished, display a message visible only to workers with a number they can call to receive help.
- After only one week:
- 12 lawsuits filed
- 23 lives saved
- 2 police raids
- Argentina's Congress is working to sanction a new law so enslaved workers know where to call for help
- El Ojo de Iberoamerica, Bronze (Innovation Eye)
- El Diente, Silver (Promo, Activations & PR)
- El Diente, Bronze (Design)
- El Diente, Merit (Design)
- El Diente, Merit (TV and Other Screens)