South Africa has the highest rate of rape in the world. Many of these cases are due to the use of 'date rape' drugs at night clubs and college campuses. In many rape cases, victims' drinks are spiked in order to render them defenseless. What can we do to help prevent this from happening?
During Sexual Assault Awareness Month and in support of their 'Drink Responsibly Initiative', South African Breweries developed The Spike Detector, an innovative solution that turned a traditional bar coaster into a drink spike detection test.
This allowed women to instantly check the safety of their drinks against date rape drugs such as GHB and Ketamine. A crisis helpline gave them access to immediate medical assistance should they need it.
- Cannes, Bronze (Promo & Activation Lions: Use of Ambient Media)
- Cannes, Merit (Direct Lions: Use of Ambient Media)
- One Show, Merit (Print - Flat & Dimensional)
- One Show, Merit (Innovation in Print & Outdoor - Ambient Media)
- Loeries Award, Silver (Creative use of paper)
- Loeries Award, Bronze (Media Innovation - Single Medium)
- Loeries Award, Merit (Ambient & Alternative Media)
- Loeries Award, Merit (Brand Identity & Collateral Design - General Collateral)