Every hour, decisions are made on important issues. Globally, only 24.3% of the people making these crucial decisions are women. The recent Global Gender Gap Report shows it will take 108 years to achieve gender equity. We can't wait that long.
To inspire the next generation of young women, we have to act now. We have to help them find their hero - because girls only need one woman like them, one woman they admire, one woman who inspires them, to believe they too can follow their dreams.
In celebration of International Day of the Girl, this first of its kind global digital event brought together a world-class coalition of women, featuring inspiring stories of 60 women, told in 60 seconds, collectively visualized in a powerful 60 minutes of film.
Women included Oscar-nominated actress Cynthia Erivo, Brazilian-American fashion designer & beauty entrepreneur Camila Coelho, legendary primatologist and anthropologist Jane Goodall, storyteller, filmmaker and thought leader Oge Egbuonu, transgender model Valentina Sampaio, singer Kechi Okwuchi, Paralympic medalist Tatyana McFadden, First Italian Female CEO of Major International Companies Federica Marchionni, Philanthropist Anu Jain, First Black Board Member for Verizon Shelley Archambeau, and many more. Altogether, these women have fought against stereotypes and persevered through personal and professional challenges to achieve ideas that are changing the world.
This socially powered movement aims to empower girls around the world to find the one hero that inspires them with a goal of inspiring one million girls to find a positive role model by 2030 to follow their hearts and ambition.
- 850k+ views of video, reaching over 4M+ people
- 244.8M+ impressions
- 95% of results from organic social, not paid
- 89.3% positive sentiment for World Women Hour
- 3M+ people reached pre-event on Facebook/Instagram with 5.8M+ impressions
- 1.5M views of trailer globally on Twitter
- DADI, Winner (Most Effective Use of Video)
- DADI, Merit (Not-for-Profit/Charity)
- DADI Awards, Finalist (Most Effective Use of Social Media)
- DADI Awards, Finalist (Public Sector)
- DADI Awards, Finalist (Grand Prix)
- Telly Awards, Silver (Non-broadcast)