With a global pandemic paralyzing the world, Argentina became the country with the longest running quarantine. With over six months of preventative social isolation, many economic sectors were forced to stop completely. Tourism was one of the hardest hit with no flights running since March 2020.
Argentinian low-cost airline Flybondi transformed its bookings website into an ecommerce platform to support entrepreneurs during the country’s national lockdown. The campaign encouraged people to purchase local items from travel destinations in advance of their trips – which they could collect when visiting the destination at a later date – and support entrepreneurs from different regions of the country by providing them with a much-needed cash injection during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- 4M interactions on social media
- Almost 80% of passengers purchased local products or experiences with their ticket
- Save Your Destination became a permanent program to help support local business owners
- El Ojo de Iberoamerica, Silver (Digital & Social / E-commerce)
- El Ojo de Iberoamerica, Bronze (Covid Special Category / Media, Entertainment, Recreation & Tourism)
- El Diente, Silver (Interactive / Sites)
- El Diente, Bronze (Interactive / Digital Campaign)
- El Diente, Merit (Activations Promo & PR / Media Idea)
- WPP Extraordinary Awards, Finalist (Commerce)