VMLY&R COMMERCE Malaysia
World Cup is a massive opportunity for beer sales and personal brand management. But how do you take advantage of it when your brand is not an official sponsor?
Get Malaysian fans to show their pride and support for their nation of choice – all the way up to the beer they drink.
When data revealed the most supported football countries by Malaysians, we made it count at the point-of-purchase through an exciting packaging experience. "What is your FANationality" invited people to pick sides, allowing us to turn our cans, bottles and a variety of premiums into personalized collectibles that were ready to ignite the fans' passion.
With the redesigned packaging at the center of the experience, we engaged with fans at home and in bars where World Cup was being broadcast. An always-on digital content strategy combined with on-ground games kept the brand association with football high at all times.
No matter who they were supporting, it was clear that Carlsberg was supporting the fans. During the 30-day campaign:
- 10%+ sales volume
- 9,560 participants, total turnout for branded events
- 80,000 participants, total eyeball for booths
- USD 500,000+ PR value
- Dragons of Asia, Best Campaign by Country
- Dragons of Asia, Gold (Best Event or Experiential Marketing Campaign)
- Dragons of Asia, Silver (Best Marketing Discipline Campaign)
- Dragons of Asia, Merit (Best Brand Trial or Sales Generation Campaign)
- Effies, Bronze (Beverage – Alcohol)
- Effies, Shortlist (Seasonal Marketing)