In many cities where Uber is hugely popular, Uber Eats has become an instant hit. That wasn't the case in Hong Kong, where ride-sharing services are illegal and Uber Eats was late to the market.
Uber Eats opened a virtual restaurant where retired grandmothers prepared their signature dishes, available only on Uber Eats.
Popo's Kitchen gave grandmothers purpose through their signature dishes and helped Uber Eats to conquer a place in Hong Kong's rich food culture. The bespoke menu became a sanctuary of family recipes available online on Popo's Kitchen menu. Easy how-to videos online showed people how to make the dishes at home.
- +90% of Hong Kong's territory covered
- 27 grandmothers had a renewed purpose through post-retirement employment
- +15K shares on social media
- 58 recipes reintroduced
- 1.5 million HKD earned media
- Dragons of Asia, Silver (Best Integrated Marketing Campaign)
- Dragons of Asia, Merit (Best Product Launch or Re-Launch Campaign)
- Spikes Asia, Shortlist
- AdStars, Shortlist (PR > Sectors - Finance/Services/Entertainment & Leisure/Travel/Restaurants/Commercial Public Services/Pets)
- AdStars, Shortlist (PR > Practices & Specialism > Launch or re-launch)
- AdStars, Shortlist (Diverse Insights)