Potty-training is a big challenge for toddlers and parents alike. Often Japanese guardians take a draconian approach that adds stress to an already difficult period. As they rely on day-care for their children's wellbeing and education, Clover Lohas Kids Center wanted to demonstrate their "learning through play" approach by contributing meaningfully to ease this process.
We designed Poo Paint: an educational tool that engages children positively, minimizing their fears and boosting interest in the subject matter. Half toilet paper, half coloring book, it helps kids associated hygienic habits with fun. Witnessing the immediate results, parents became advocates of the kindergarten, also gathering extensive coverage on news channels and social media.
- 95% of parents surveyed said "It eased potty training burden and stress"
- $2M USD in earned media
- 740 million global media impressions
- AdStars, Bronze (Direct - Sectors - Not-for-profit / Charity / Government)
- AdStars, Bronze (Creative eCommerce - Sectors - Not-for-profit / Charity / Government)
- AdStars, Merit (Outdoor - Ambient - Small Scale Special Solutions)
- AdStars, Shortlist (Design - Sectors - Pharmaceutical/Toiletries)
- AdStars, Shortlist (PR > Sectors > Not-for-profit / Charity/ Government)
- New York Festivals, Bronze (Public Relations - Best Use - Social/Environmental Good: Brand)
- New York Festivals, Shortlist (Package & Product Design - Best Use: Social/Environmental Good: Brand)
- New York Festivals, Shortlist (Design - Brand Design - Promotional Items)