VMLY&R COMMERCE India
Diarrhea kills over 1.1 million children annually in developing countries. Lifebuoy soap believes that this tragedy can be prevented by educating people about washing their hands with soap before eating.
Changing the habits and behavior of over 100 million people is a marketing challenge that is beyond most brands and their budgets. Saying exactly the right thing, to the right people, at the right time, in the right place with pitch perfect creativity is the only way. The Maha Kumbh Mela, India - the largest religious festival on the planet was the chosen opportunity to convey the brand's message.
The roti, or Indian bread, is a staple item served with every Indian meal. And because it's eaten with the hands, it was used as the medium. A heat stamp was created to print an edible message directly on a roti: "Did you wash your hands with Lifebuoy?"
- Over 30 days, 100 promoters stood in 100 kitchens at the festival, stamping over 2.5 million fresh rotis.
- On a total investment of $36,000 over 5 million people were directly impacted.
- That's a cost per contact of less than 1 cent!
- AME Asia, Best (Media Strategy)
- AME Asia, Gold (Media Strategy - Toiletries)
- AME Asia, Gold (Media Strategy - Sponsorship and Event Marketing)
- AME Asia, Gold (Media Strategy - Small Budget Media Campaign)
- AME Asia, Bronze (Effectiveness - Innovative Use of Media)
- AME Asia, Bronze (Effectiveness - Sponsorship and Event Marketing)
- AME Asia, Bronze (Effectiveness - Small Budget Marketing Campaign)
- AME Asia, Merit (Effectiveness - Toiletries)
- AME Asia, Merit (Effectiveness - Insights / Strategic Thinking)
- Adfest, Gold (Lotus Roots - Effectiveness)
- D&AD, Merit (Advertising & Marketing Communications)
- WPPed Cream, Merit (Advertising)
- The WARC Prize, Bronze