VMLY&R COMMERCE Puerto Rico
Studies indicate that Puerto Ricans have a higher propensity for Alzheimer's, making it the fourth-leading cause of death in people over 65. Studies have also shown music may improve common behavioral issues in the middle-stages of the disease.
Over decades, advertising jingles have earned a special place in Puerto Rico's collective memory. They are time stamps that have never been played again, compared to regular songs.
The Puerto Rican Alzheimer Association partnered with SBS radio stations to use their 80-year archive to identify the most famous advertising jingles, creating a palliative therapy that brings back memories and ease symptoms on patients.
- 600 patients impacted during the first month
- After 4 Jingle Therapy sessions, patients showed a significant improvement in memory, orientation, depression, and anxiety
- 12 nursing centers have adopted the therapy as part of their daily routine
- Cannes Lions, Bronze (Health)
- Cannes Lions, Shortlist (Health)