VMLY&R COMMERCE Mexico & US
When the pandemic hit Mexico, Elena's Helados had no choice but to close its stores. This put the brand in a tough situation as they didn't have retail presence and depended almost entirely on in-store sales. And with the big brands on every supermarket shelf, Elena's needed a way to truly stand out.
People always turn to ice cream when going through a breakup. But ice cream has never done much to actually make this painful process a bit more bearable. Until now. We introduced a new product - the 1L pint 'Adios Amor Adios'. The special edition ice cream pint features five delicious flavor profiles strategically layered to match the five emotional stages of a breakup - Denial, Anger, Sadness, Acceptance, Hope. And to make the painful process a bit more bearable, codes were assigned to every layer driving a unique digital experience and prizes.
- +230% website visits
- +160% other ice cream flavor sales
- +420 social media mentions
- First lot sold out in the first week
- Circulo de Oro, Silver (Digital & Social / Sites & Microsites)
- Circulo de Oro, Silver (Digital & Social - Campaigns In Multiple Social Networks)
- Circulo de Oro, Silver (Promotions & Activations / Candy, Snacks & Food)
- Circulo de Oro, Shortlist (Promotions & Activations / Best Product Launch / Re-Launch)
- PHNX Awards, Bronze (STRATEGY & TECHNIQUE: Brand activation)
- DADI Awards, Winner (Retail) x2
- Epica, Gold (Confectionery & Snacks)
- Epica, Bronze (Humour in Advertising)