Over the past four decades, KFC has become synonymous with Christmas in Japan. People have to order delivery or book in advance to avoid queueing up for hours outside KFC restaurants. Being such a big part of the Japanese Christmas tradition, we wanted to spread the joy among those poor Santas and Santa helpers that work non-stop during the holidays (including their very own KFC employees).
We created a very special promotional gift that stood apart from conventional Christmas presents: a chicken leg-shaped bath bomb that, when thrown in water, looks like frying chicken, and smells like the 11 secret ingredients of KFC Original Recipe.
- Nearly half a million social media posts
- $2 Million worth of media, local and international
- Hundreds of grateful Santas and Santa helpers
- Spikes, Silver (Brand Experience & Activation - Use of Ambient Media: Small Scale)
- Spikes, Sliver (Brand Experience & Activation - Guerrilla Marketing & Stunts)
- Spikes, Bronze (Brand Experience & Activation - Low Budget / High Impact Campaign)
- Spikes, Bronze (PR - Use of Events & Stunts)
- Spikes, Shortlist (Direct - Use of Ambient Media: Small Scale)