During the Covid-19 lockdown, Castrol found out through sales data that 50% of medical workers were avoiding their car checkups due to fear of contagion.
VMLY&R COMMERCE Dubai/UAE studied the sales data and cross-referenced it with the proximity of each mechanical workshop to hospitals and clinics in the country. Using the available data from the UAE health system, we were able to zero in on the busiest points in order to prioritize service centers.
Geo-fenced social media communication invited health workers for a safe and hygienic service for their cars, while mechanic workshops and service centers were turned into hygiene hubs. These efforts were soon extended to other countries in the Middle East and Saudi Arabia.
- #1 UAE's lubricant brand after 2 months
- +30k health workers reached
- +17k vehicles serviced and santizied
- +26 million social media views
- +50K mechanics trained online
- +1,000 workshops in region
- Dubai Lynx, Bronze (Media, Data Driven Targeting)
- Cresta, Bronze (Healthcare: Coronavirus/Covid-19 Special Category)
- AdStars, Silver (Pivot Category)
- Loeries Awards, Shortlist (Digital – Data Driven Campaign - Automotive)
- Loeries Awards, Shortlist (PR & Media Communication Campaign – Automotive)