Repositioning Boots from a convenient stop for stocking fillers to a thoughtful gift shopping destination required more than a traditional Christmas campaign. With thousands of products in hundreds of categories, Boots has a range that can answer every gifting problem, no matter how niche. How could Geometry UK leverage Boots' extensive database to help people understand their loved ones, and gift better this Christmas?
The Bootiques. Highly-targeted, data-based, disruptive shoppable experiences, each introducing a surprising product category, which exposed what Boots has to offer and repositioning the products as thoughtful gifts.
- The Heels Over Head Bootique (London, UK): An upside-down boudoir with sexual wellbeing products that changed people's perspective on love.
- The Dreaming of Sleep Bootique (Liverpool, UK): A pair of sleepy-eyed domes invited people to learn about sleep and how Boots is here to solve your loved ones sleep issues.
- The Tweenager Bootique (Birmingham, UK): A color-coded experience used the power of emojis to make grown-ups 'get' tweens and find gifts for all their moods.
- 14,000 visitors in just 3 weeks
- 60% above sales expectations
- 72% of visitors shared photos on social media
- 21 million people reached in social media
- 73% discovered products they didn't know were sold in Boots
- 2.2 million Media coverage OTS
- 75% reappraised what Boots is all about
- D&AD, Bronze (Branding / Campaign Branding & Identity)
- AdStars, Shortlist (Brand Experience & Activation/Use of Brand Experience & Activation/Use of exhibitions & installations)
- AdStars, Shortlist (Brand Experience & Activation/Sectors - Cosmetic/Beauty/Clothing/Footwear & accessories)
- AdStars, Shortlist (Design/Sectors - Cosmetic/Beauty/Clothing/Footwear & accessories)
- AdStars, Shortlist (Design/Communication - Design/Promotional items (Retail Environment & experience, Live Events, Exhibition & experience)
- Creative Pool, Gold (Experiential)
- WPP Extraordinary Awards, Grand Prix (Creative Transformation)