VMLY&R COMMERCE Mexico
For years Corona has been engaging football fans while sponsoring the Mexican League. After a successful partnership with America de Mexico in 2021 to roll out Jersey Pay, Corona turned their eyes to the 2022 World Cup, as they had secured the biggest sponsorship of all: the Mexican national team.
But unlike the national league, FIFA prohibits brand or logo placement on national jerseys. So they needed to literally redefine how sponsorships look, to attract new fans to their official Fan Fests and most importantly, keep them coming back.
With FIFA rules not allowing brands on national team jerseys, instead of putting Corona's name on it, we decided to put their product on the heart of every fan.
We partnered with Adidas to launch a limited-edition Mexico jersey, pre-loaded with Corona beer and made it available at every Corona Fan Fest during the World Cup.
- +37,000 fans activated
- 87% fan retention per game
- 23% lift in beer sales
- 20MM projected sales driven by jerseys
- Cannes Lions, Shortlist, Creative Commerce
- New York Festivals, Silver, Hell’s Kitchen – Alcohol: Best Use
- New York Festivals, Silver, Commerce and Creativity: Best Use
- New York Festivals, Silver, Sports: Best Use
- New York Festivals, Silver, Collaborations & Partnerships: Products & Services
- New York Festivals, Bronze, Commerce and Creativity: Best Use
- New York Festivals, Bronze, Digital/Mobile: Best Use