Recognition honors the agency’s leading role in bringing creativity to commerce channels
VMLY&R COMMERCE has been named Network Agency of the Year at The Drum Awards 2022 Global Festival in recognition of its strong performance at this week’s Digital Industries Awards and Social Purpose Awards.
The agency walked away a big winner at The Drum Digital Industry Awards with 7 Awards, 4 Highly Commended and 3 Merits, and was bestowed the recognition of Agency of the Year within the award program, specifically. The global competition, formerly known as the DADIs, has been regarded as the effectiveness awards for the digital industry since 2016.
Campaign winners included Corona’s Jersey Pay awards cross four categories, in addition to being named as Drum Chair Winner (editor’s pick). VMLY&R Commerce’s work for Pizza Hut’s Pizza Pursuit and Continental’s The Beer Brochure also won in the Retail and E-Commerce and B2B Sector categories, respectively. The agency also received Highly Commended status for its work on Nature Valley Adventure Quarters (Retail and E-Commerce), Twitter’s #FeminineArabic (Most Effective Use of Social Media), Pizza Hut’s Pizza Pursuit (Most effective Use of Branded Content) and Elena’s Fan Heartbreak Ice Cream (Consumer Products and Services).
During the global festival, the agency also received two Merits for its 2022 London Pride campaign in partnership with WPP Unite at The Drum Social Purpose Awards.
“This is a monumental moment for us as an agency,” commented Beth Ann Kaminkow, Global CEO, VMLY&R Commerce. “Over the past 12 months, we’ve worked to put Creative Commerce on the map for the industry. These wins, along with being recognized as Agency of the Year, is not only a testament to our teams’ commitment to deliver brave creativity that gets awarded, but equally the recognition of the power of Creative Commerce. It has been our rally with clients to pioneer a new area of creativity to build their commercial success and grow their brands.”
VMLY&R Commerce Global Chief Creative Officer Manuel Borde added, “Technology has turned digital channels into ubiquitous shopping opportunities. Brands no longer need to wait for one specific moment to convert consumers. Conversion is happening everywhere, across every channel. The recognition of award-winning commerce work with the iconic Drum Digital Industries program only solidifies what we’ve known all along – creative commerce is the next great canvas for creativity and talent.”
He continued, “The fact that a commerce agency walked away the most recognized, including Agency and overall Network Agency of the Year, is testament to what the future holds. Creative Commerce is revolutionizing our industry.”
The Drum Awards for Digital Industries revealed the shortlisted companies last month with VMLY&R Commerce receiving a total of thirteen across categories and countries.
- Retail and E-Commerce – Pizza Hut’s Pizza Pursuit (US)
- B2B Sector – Continental’s The Beer Brochure (US)
- Consumer Products & Services – Corona’s Jersey Pay (Mexico)
- UX/Usability – Corona’s Jersey Pay (Mexico)
- Technical Innovation – Corona’s Jersey Pay (Mexico)
- Best Digital Transformation – Corona’s Jersey Pay (Mexico)
- Drum Chair (editor’s pick) – Corona’s Jersey Pay (Mexico)
- Retail and E-Commerce – Nature Valley’s Adventure Quarters (US)
- Most Effective Use of Social Media – Twitter’s #FeminineArabic (MENA)
- Most Effective Use of Branded Content – Pizza Hut’s Pizza Pursuit (US)
- Consumer Products and Services – Elena’s Fan Heartbreak Ice Cream (Mexico & US)
- Not for profit/Charity – Fundación Rescátame Pet Interns (Colombia)
- Consumer Products and Services – Nature Valley's Adventure Quarters (US)
- Retail & E-Commerce – Elena’s Fan Heartbreak Ice Cream (Mexico & US)
Visit The Drum Awards for Digital Industries for all company and brand winners.