Geometry had best showing at the 2019 Dragons of Asia, winning Network of the Year for four years in a row.
The network was also awarded Best Campaigns by Country for Australia, India, Japan, Malaysia, Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam.
The Dragons of Asia, started in 2000, has been the platform for the recognition of the best in results-driven marketing communications by agencies and clients across APAC. Its Network of the Year Award was conceived in 2016 and ever since has been awarded to Geometry.
Of the gold winners, Geometry Malaysia’s CIMB Bank campaign titled ‘Sound of a Nation’ was one of the stand-outs. By designing a unique facial recognition algorithm software, the team produced a unique musical melodies. These melodies were then weaved together into a symphony with the guidance of an all-star musical team, a fitting tribute to celebrate the unity of Malaysia’s diverse ethnicities during the Malaysia Day. With this campaign spearheading the agency’s roster of work this year, Geometry Malaysia also won the Red Dragon for the Agency of the Year title.
Diana Cawley, Geometry’s APAC CEO, commented: “The Dragons of Asia recognises not just creativity, but also measurable and meaningful results. Winning Network of the Year for 4 years running is therefore a great testament to the quality of our work. I am really proud of this and want to share the honour with everyone involved at Geometry as well as our clients.”
Mike Da Silva, Director, Dragons of Asia, stated “With the highest number of new agency entrants and more multi Dragon-winning agencies returning, the 2019 Dragons of Asia and the Dragons of Malaysia can be summarised by ground breaking executions, world class use of new digital technology and solid, client-pleasing, measurable results.
The closeness of the Judges scoring this year was reflected the higher number of campaigns which simply could not be separated, making Geometry’s wins right across APAC, even more outstanding”.
The details of the awards that Geometry won are as below:
- 2019 Dragons of Asia
- Red Dragon for Network of the Year
- Red Dragon for Agency of the Year: Geometry Malaysia
- Blue Dragons for Best Campaigns, by Country:
- Geometry Australia - Lion Beer Australia - It's Beer Season. Retail Campaign Platform
- Geometry Encompass India - Hindustan Unilever - The beginning of togetherness
- Geometry Ogilvy Japan - Redbull Japan - Band on the can
- Geometry Malaysia - Carlsberg Marketing Malaysia - Carlsberg. Probably the Best Football Beer
- Geometry Korea - YouTub Red. Burn the Stage
- Geometry Taiwan - Kimberly-Clark Corporation Taiwan - Kleenex Toilet Karaoke
- Geometry Vietnam - Procter & Gamble Vietnam (Pantene) - Beauty under the Microscope
- Dragons for the Best Campaigns by Category: Gold
- Geometry Encompass India; Best Marketing Discipline Campaign (Beginning of togetherness)
- Geometry Malaysia; Best Digital Campaign (CIMB. Sound of a nation)
- Geometry Malaysia; Best Event or Experiential Marketing Campaign (Carlsberg. Probably the Best Football Beer)
- Geometry Australia; Best Best to Business or Trade Marketing Campaign (It's Beer Season. Retail Summer Campaign Platform)
- Geometry Ogilvy Japan; Best Brand Trial or Sales Generation Campaign (Band on the can)
- Geometry Korea; Best Entertainment Campaign (YouTube Red. Burn the Stage)
- Geometry Hong Kong; Best Integrated Marketing Campaign (Popo kitchen)
- Geometry Malaysia; Best Marketing Discipline Campaign (Carlsberg. Probably the Best Football Beer)
- Geometry Encompass India; Best Brand Loyalty Campaign (The beginning of togetherness)
- Geometry Singapore & Ogilvy Singapore; Best Product Launch or Re-Launch Campaign (Shape our tomorrow)
- Geometry Vietnam; Best Brand Trial or Sales Generation Campaign (Beauty under the microscope)
- Geometry China; Best Cause, Charity Marketing or Public Sector Campaign (The charmed helmet)
- Geometry Sri Lanka; Best Brand Building and/or Awareness Campaign (Pond's Age Miracle 'I Am My Wise Choices')
- Geometry Encompass India; Best Small Budget Campaign (Mirror image)
- Geometry Ogilvy Japan; Best Entertainment Campaign (#SuperShadyCompanies)