Examining how today’s forward-thinking companies use technology, innovation and data to adapt to changes in contactless commerce
It took a global pandemic for contactless commerce to accelerate at light speed. What should have taken a decade happened in a matter of months, and companies, big and small, proved that adaptation was possible. Shifting to contactless wasn’t just necessary for consumer confidence during a pandemic, it quickly became the preferred method of transactions.
VMLY&R COMMERCE, in partnership with WPP, conducted research to understand the challenges and opportunities facing both businesses and consumers. Alongside contextual analysis, we interviewed global leaders in customer experience (CX), product, operations, technology, brand and innovation to understand their current commerce strategies and ambitions for the future. We also surveyed 1,500 consumers to identify their changing attitudes and behaviors.
The Future of Humanized Commerce analyses the trends and future predictions that emerged through our research and translates them into a set of insights and actions to unlock growth. To find out more, download the full report or contact Alexandra.Warner@vmlyrcommerce.com.
Key takeaways for brands and businesses include:
- Reimagine the commerce experience: create human commerce experiences with impact, master occasions and culture, get inspired across categories and markets, expand your products and services, treat people as individuals – and get creative.
- Unify your commerce ecosystem: connect people, brand and retailer through the right commerce ecosystem. Unify new channels and touchpoints, explore effective strategic partnerships, deliver a seamless CX and embrace the operational tech and talent to succeed.
- Embrace knowledge as your new currency: combine behavioral science, data analytics and AI to capture the right data, really understand people, facilitate preference and product selection, and identify the right moments to act and grow.
- Rewrite your value exchange: informed by cultural trends and audience insights, look beyond price and product, rethink the offers and elevate relevant meaningful values.
- Engage with purpose: build meaningful human commerce experiences that connect with people through purposeful communications, services and communities, deliver on trust and transparency, and help people to buy and shop better.