Last week Amazon held its annual Prime Day event sending ripples across the commerce landscape and creating innumerable benefits for consumers, as they re-adjust to a post-COVID-19 shopping ecosystem. VMLY&R COMMERCE deep dives into the key learnings for Amazon suppliers and strategic implications for any Amazon category-level CPG competitors to offer a guide on navigating a new wave of commerce opportunities.
From influencer and celebrity endorsements, Twitch live streams and a central focus on small businesses and membership promotions across the Amazon ecosystem, 2021 Prime Day proved the intersection of online and offline in driving trial and conversion across a unified commerce landscape.
Below are our top five Prime Day takeaways and actions in response to this now larger-than-life sales and entertainment event, and a full summary to guide client’s strategy now and in the future.
- Prime Day attracted the most sales and interest from shoppers than ever before
- Action: Optimize your promotions and assortment to ensure discoverability and accessibility, deploying new media formats and platform opportunities that shorten the path to purchase.
- Prime Day was both a worldwide commerce event and entertainment event.
- Action: Explore the power in gamified promotions and remarkable offers from product exclusives to digital experiences that make it fun and easier to buy.
- Prime Day attracted the most sales and interest from Prime shoppers than ever before.
- Action: Create a holistic shopping journey looking at other retail media opportunities beyond Amazon
- CPG Brand experiences exceeded Prime members’ expectations.
- Action: Tap into the power of technology and culture to customize immersive brand content for every corner of Amazon ecosystem.
- U.S retailers deployed ‘Prime Day’ counter measures, which extended beyond Amazon’s event
- Action: Amplify your retail media pre, during and post event to drive future brand awareness and a focus on nurturing relationships beyond the transaction.