Shoptalk Europe, held in Barcelona, brought together over 3,000 attendees from the world’s biggest and rising retailers and brands, start-ups, tech companies, investors, media, and analysts, to build tomorrow’s digital transformation. VMLY&R COMMERCE was there, speaking on the main stage and moderating discussions, but also listening to the commerce changemakers and key themes across the three-day event.
What we heard was that this is an age of fluidity for marketers – fluid channels, fluid consumers/shoppers, fluid technology. In the midst of this change, we drew out seven takeaways, and seven actions brands must consider in navigating the commerce revolution.
- GROWTH IS SHIFTING AND HARDER TO NAVIGATE. Growth is now ‘in the gaps’.
- INTEGRATION OF SALES AND MARKETING IS FUNDAMENTAL. The D-Day for integration has arrived.
- CLARITY OF BRAND POSITIONING AND VISION IS CRITICAL. In a complex world, knowing your North Star is more essential than ever.
- PLAN FOR GENERATIONS, NOT JUST THE NEXT QUARTER. Do family run businesses have it right?
- A NEW DIMENSION TO MARKETING – MOOD. One of the emerging tech tools for a new age.
- CONTENT SHOULD BE A DESTINATION IN ITSELF. The clear case for engagement over interruption.
- AI IS ABOUT ENABLING FASTER, SMARTER DECISION-MAKING. AI should be more than just “intelligent automation”.
Download the full recap as we expand on these 7 key themes, offering a quick read of the key topics we heard and can help navigate today.